Sunday, October 25, 2009

MIO: The Power of Pass Along: Twitter or Facebook?

I am doing an experiment. I am testing to see which is a more powerful channel for passalong efforts: Twitter or Facebook. Once I define a winner I will test the winning channel against good old email.

Step 1: Compelling offers. (I chose 2)
1- Go to goreadgreen.com and choose a digital magazine to lock in a one year free subscription (no strings attached) - includes lots of very popular titles.
2- Go to vivmag.com and get a one year free membership to the more dynamic digital magazine around with the code freeviv.

Step 2: Place posting.
Twitter post shares offer, asks people to RT - posted on my personal twitter and the zinio and vivmag twitter accounts.
Facebook post also shares off and asks people to share - posted on my personal FB and the vivmag and zinio groups.

Step 3: Monitor results.
After a whole 30 minutes - Twitter is winning for both offers.

Hmmmm- my money is on FB for the long haul - but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment